Today’s blogging tip is going to help you if you ever run out of blogging ideas.
Let’s face it. Sometimes, no matter how hard we try, we run out of things to write.
It happens to all of us. I wouldn’t call it writer’s block, maybe more of a writer’s speed bump.
To help you get rolling again, look at some of your old posts and give them a new spin.
- Always start with a fresh introduction and work your keywords into the post.
- Do you have a favorite top 10 List – transpose the top five back into a written post with more content. The bottom five from the list looks like you have another post waiting.
- Do you have a long post, then rewrite it into a new 10 ten list.
- An existing post, contact some of your favorite bloggers and ask them a question about your blogging topic. Stuck on where to go? Try Facebook Groups.
- Change a blog post into an infographic. You can find some great graphic artists on fiverr.com.
- Make a video. I know a lot of you are a little leery to get in front of a camera, but I have to tell you it is a lot of fun. Take your blog post and film it. Not exactly word for word, but talk about it.
You don’t have to purchase expensive equipment. You have a built-in recorder in your smartphone. A couple quick shots and you have a recording. It doesn’t have to be a full-length motion picture. Two to three minutes is perfect. Especially if you want to upload it to Twitter because the max time is 140 seconds (2 minutes 20 seconds). Be looking for my videos real soon!!!!
- Finish with a killer Call-To-Action (CTA) to engage your readers after the post.
There is no reason to not publish a post. If your personal schedule is a little too busy or you are suffering from a little writer’s block, turn to some of your tried and true previous loved posts. There is nothing wrong with repurposing an old post when you are stuck. Just don’t make a habit of it.
If you like this post (or if you didn’t like it) or if there is a topic that you’d like me to cover, then drop me a note in the comments section. I reply to every comment.
Be sure to follow me on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for members only content.