Dan: Thanks for including me in the Featured Writer Friday category!
Cheerio! My name is Martin Lindeskog and I am a blogger, an “indie biz” (independent business) philosopher, a moderator, a social media evangelist, a speaker, a podcaster, and a tea enthusiast. I am writing on an “octalogy” with the working title, Tea Book Sketches – Ideas And Notions About The Second Most Popular Beverage In The World.
The Seven Things:
- I am built like a “terminator” (kind of) with a plastic spare part under my skin, near one of my eyes. It all happened after jumping on a springboard (trampoline) and getting a knee in my eye… *bang*! This accident happened during a gymnastics lesson in middle school. I had to get an operation and I was stuck at a hospital for some time. My eyesight didn’t get damaged, but I will never become a combat pilot!
- I have trained a human self-defense called jiujitsu. I received a blue belt after a couple of years. I met one of my best friends during this time. More about Christer Sjöback later on…
- I have plenty of my belongings stored at a friend’s place in Troy, Ohio, USA. This is my “lifeline” and link to the land of opportunity. I have to visit the Midwest again and go through my stuff… Link tip: IWannaGoThere.com.
- I played chess when I was a kid. I often used “Scandinavian defense” as a “black” player. I am open for a game of chess…
- I have had a Fisher Space Pen in my pocket since my birthday on May 25, 2003. My friend Christer Sjöback gave it to me.
- For some reason, I got the nickname, Quicksilver, by a student at Southern New Hampshire University. It could be that I often had clothes by Quiksilver…
- I am trying to learn Interlingua…
- Bonus thing: I have had more than 25,368 cups of tea. 😉
1. How long have you been blogging?
I started blogging (EGO on Blogspot) in 2002 and podcasting (SOLID VOX™ Network by Prodos) in 2006.
(Oops! One line answer as pundit blogger! 😉 )
2. Are you a full-time blogger or do you also have another job/career?
I am a solopreneur, working with several projects and ventures. You could say that I am an “unemployable” (link to Brian Clark’s podcast, Unemployable) individual, working as an independent contractor and freelancer. I am a new media advisor & evangelist for hire, and I have assignments as an online moderator of different social media activities.
3. What got you started into blogging/podcasting?
I started blogging as a way of “venting” against the political situation and the mainstream media’s way of covering the so-called “war on terror,” as an aftermath of the attacks on September 11, 2001. I searched on the net and stumbled upon the blogging service called Blogger.
I got into podcasting in as a natural progression of my blogging. Prodos Stefanos Nicholaou Marinakis (Prodos for short), had an idea to start a podcasting network, so I jumped on the “bandwagon”… 😉
4. What is your blog/podcast about and how does it help others?
My blogs and podcasts are about new media, business philosophy, and the good life (including tea). It helps the readers and listeners in different ways. The blog posts and podcast episodes are educational and entertaining. The content will engage the readers and listeners to explore something new about social media, the business world, and why they should subscribe to a rational philosophy, so they could live a better life.
5. What is working for you and your blog/podcast? Why?
My tenacity is working for me. I have been blogging and podcasting for 10+ years. I have been struggling with blogging and podcasting on a regular basis, but I don’t give up. I am not fizzling out. It has to do with the guidance of my philosophy. I understand the real meaning of the word, ego. I can, therefore, strive to become a prolific blogger and podcaster. I am striving for the pursuit of happiness, by achieving my long-range goals in my life.
I am a co-host of several podcasts, and that has helped my podcasting workflow due to the fact of accountability to other podcasters. You show up in order to record a new episode, on a regular basis. Then you use the principle of division of labor, dividing up the podcasting tasks between your fellow co-hosts and yourself.
6. What did not work out so well for your blog/podcast? Why?
As I said earlier, I have been struggling with blogging and podcasting on a regular schedule, now and then. I have had blogs and podcasts that I have “archived” in cyberspace, due to the fact that I had not been publishing material on a regular basis.
7. What tools, programs, apps do you use to create your blog/website (tools that you can’t live without)?
For podcasting tools, check out the post, Rockin’ Libsyn Podcasts: EGO NetCast.
8. What piece of advice would you give to someone who is interested in starting a blog?
Follow Nike’s (trademarked) motto, “Just Do It,” and the goddess of victory will run along your blogging/podcasting journey… If you want to have fuel for your soul, please listen to my conversation with Dan.
9. What do you have planned for the future of your website/podcast?
I am planning to launch my “last” website, TeaParty.Media in the near future. It will be an “umbrella” site (organization) for all my online and offline activities. I have a plan to create an anchor piece, The Perfect Cuppa and Tea Manifesto, and a virtual tea lounge. In order to be able to start the process for my second book on tea, I need funds for new illustrations by fine artist and cartoonist, John Cox. I will, therefore, add merchandise to the site, that speaks to tea drinkers, enthusiasts, and experts.
10. Where can everyone find you?
EGO blog: https://egoist.blogspot.com
Tea Book Sketches blog: http://teabooksketches.com/blog/
EGO NetCast podcast: http://egonetcast.com/
Pen Meets Paper podcast: https://penmeetspaperpodcast.wordpress.com
Presentation (Skills) in Plain English podcast: http://presentation.libsyn.com
The Perfect Cuppa – Tea Sketches podcast: http://perfectcuppa.libsyn.com
Tea Book Sketches on Facebook: https://fb.me/teabooksketches
Tea Book Sketches on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/teabooksketches/
Well everyone, Featured Writer Friday is back in full force!! Keep coming back I have some more AWESOME writers/podcasters scheduled.
If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment below. Your comments really help and I read and respond to each one. If you are a little shy, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Just like the comments, I respond to every email.
Until next time everyone,