How to Overcome Writer’s Block
I know we’ve all been there. Sitting at our PC with the cursor blinking at us…
Laughing at us…
Word count = 0, the big goose egg!!
What can you do to overcome writer’s block?
- Go for a walk. Turn OFF distractions.
- Go for a walk. Get outside.
- Try Free Writing. That is where you set a timer and start writing anything that comes to mind. Anything and Everything. Eventually, a blog post will form. I’ve used this technique several times with success.
- (Extra Tip) Repurpose some of your old content. That’s a great way to put a new spin on some of your popular work. Check out this post, Repurpose Old Content.
- (Extra Tip) One thing that I’ve found is that the more I write the easier it gets. So keep writing. Get on a writing schedule and stick to it. Start with writing 300 words a day. When 300 words get easy, increase it to 400.
Be sure to leave a comment below. Your comments really help and I read and respond to each one. If you are a little shy, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Just like the comments, I respond to every email.
To your success.